Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My first hooked rug

Posted by Picasa
I finished this rug a couple of weeks ago although I started it in April 2009. I took a class and I had told the teacher I wanted a "folk art cat" and this is what she drew up. I had hooked it all within 6 mos of the class and I just needed to do the binding and procrastination set it. The binding was actually much easier than I thought it would be. I think it came out pretty good for my first one - the hooking is a bit too tight. My next rug will be another cat - more primitive, drawn by me and the wool strips will be much wider. Here is my inspiration:
My beloved kitty Oliver



2 comments:

missleyden said...

That is a beautiful rug Laura. I love it!! Oh and cute cat too!

brenda said...

Well done! I love it :) awesome rug-- I can't believe it is your first! Such a wonderful portrait of your kitty!